Re: help in updating the version

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: help in updating the version
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:14:58 +0200

Søren Hauberg wrote:
> Hi,
>    I think the reason you didn't get a response the last time is because
> it is a hard question.  I'm guessing that you are using the most recent
> version that Mandriva has? You might want to check if mandriva has an
> octave2.9 package (debian has that). If not, then you have to compile a
> newer version yourself.

It does but only in Mandriva Cooker 2008... I have source RPMs for
Mandriva 2006 and 2007 and use them on my Mandriva 2006 system.. These
are large, and with all of the dependencies of Octave, not easy to
install. If you are using Mandriva2006 I can supply built RPMs for
Octave and Octave-Forge, though they are about 80MB of binaries, so it
will be difficult to get them to you, and also not that easy to install
either as you'll need additional binary dependencies from Mandrriva and
its contribs to get it to install.

I don't intend to go to much effort for this, but will make the above
available to you somewhere if you want to try..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary