Newbie Q: Launching in OSX

From: Gregory
Subject: Newbie Q: Launching in OSX
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:57:26 -0400

Hey there,

I downloaded the "easy to install" binaries for Octave from http:// hpc.sourceforge.net/#octave, but don't know what to do next to get it to run. I'm a Matlab user, but not good with programs that don't have a clear icon for me to double-click on.

Unpacking left a folder on my desktop with the following nested structure:

usr : local : bin, include, lib, libexec, share.

Can anyone direct me to "Octave on OSX for Dummies" or tell me what to do with what I have to get the program up and running?

Thanks,

Gregory