Re: print question

From: Daniel Oberhoff
Subject: Re: print question
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:51:21 +0200

Hi John,

octave:7> which print
print is the user-defined function from the file
/usr/local/share/octave/2.9.12/m/plot/print.m

Might it be from octave forge? But that is improbable, since I installed any OF packages as user, so they are under ~/octave. I am also curious because I cannot find any pdf support inside that file, but it generally works :). Anyhow, I hacked the file to do svg (simply by telling gnuplot do use terminal svg), and that works better with inkscape anyhow.

Hmm, also in ur command u said "-pdf" not "-dpdf"...

Best

Daniel

Am 26.06.2007 um 16:09 schrieb John W. Eaton:

On 26-Jun-2007, Daniel Oberhoff wrote:

| Hi all,
|
| I am running a self compiled octave 2.9.12 together with an equally
| self compiled gnuplot 4.3. I make a plot of a small gaussian image
| patch like this:
|
| [x,y]=meshgrid(-2:2,-2:2);
| g=exp(-(x.*x+y.*y)/8);
| pcolor(g);
|
| and then print it like this:
|
| print -dpdf gausmask_octave.pdf

Hmm, I see:

  octave:1> sombrero
  octave:2> print -pdf foo.pdf
  error: print: unknown option `-pdf'
  [...]

Where did you get your print function?  What does it do to generate a
pdf file?

jwe