Re: won't load octave-forge path

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: won't load octave-forge path
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:45:29 +0200

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2007 11:16:47 schrieben Sie:

> I don't think that this bug report is relevant for my problem.

Yes, it is. Please read it completely, including the references to other bug
reports. That said, I'll retitle the bug report (thanks for notifiying me; I
didn't realize it still had the misleading title).

> right, the reason is perhaps that the new package management
> scheme is not yet applied to the octave-forge package currently
> distributed with debian? note: if I do "pkg load all", nothing changes.

Exactly. The only reason that octave2.9-forge is still in unstable are the
<insert curse here> autobuilders for ARM and Sparc, that haven't build the
latest Octave packages (and thus prevent 2.9.12 from entering Debian
testing).

> any hint ?

As I said: purge the octave2.9-forge package, download your needed packages
from Octave-forge's website (octave.sf.net) and install them using pkg.m.

        Thomas