Re: Emacs and Octave

From: Javier Arantegui
Subject: Re: Emacs and Octave
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:39:44 +0200

El Viernes, 13 de Julio de 2007, mccoct escribió:
> OK, so it seems that emacs is a lot more complicated than I expected. So
> what do most octave users use for editing files? Is emacs worth putting a
> lot of time into?

I use Kate. It's a good option if you use KDE. It has syntax coloring and you
can have a terminal for running Octave in one subwindow inside the main
window. It's quite powerful but easy to use.

Now QtOctave seems to be a good IDE, but you need to compile it.

My needs of text editing are very reduced. Emacs is to complex for me.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es