Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:13:52 -0400

On Jul 13, 2007, at 10:11 PM, Henry F. Mollet wrote:

   figure(1); plot(1:10);
   figure(3); plot(2:11);
   figure(1); hold on; plot(3:12); hold off;
Does not quite work as expected for me. I do get two windows in AquaTerm but they are *not*correctly labeled i.e. they both have the same title, namely "Figure 0". The third command does add the plot to the plot of the first command but one has to look at the plot to be able to tell because the plots are not labeled.

Can you show us the relevant bits of open gnuplot stream (or whatever the function at the end of drawnow.m is called)?

   __gnuplot_set__ term aqua 1
   __gnuplot_raw__ ("plot sin(x)\n")
This produced a window labeled "Figure 1" with the sinusoid plotted, whereas you say it produced a title saying "Figure 2" which I do not understand.

I mistyped. Aquaterm produced the correct title for the figure number I used.

        - Paul