Re: Error while trying to install the newest version of octave!

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Error while trying to install the newest version of octave!
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:16:27 +0200

On 7/16/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
Ken,

To be able to call "./run-octave" at all he already has a successful
build. So your problem is irrelevant here (BTW did you try gnu make as I
asked)...The issue here is more likely the spaces in the pathname,
though I wanted someone more familiar with the issues of the windows
platforms to respond.. I believe this might have been fixed in the CVS,
though Michael would have to respond to be certain..

I'm not sure what's the actual system, but it's for sure not MSVC. This looks
like mingw or cygwin. Anyway, I don't think the space in file name would be a
problem as there's no space if you look at the paths from MSYS or cygwin
shell point of view. I don't have any idea about what's going on, the error
message is not very explicit.

Michael.