Re: supermongo?

From: etienne
Subject: Re: supermongo?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 23:42:16 -0700 (PDT)

  Hello,

On Tue, July 31, 2007 10:46, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
# On 28/07/07, Vim Visual <address@hidden> wrote:
#> I have for
#> the moment just one question, i'm not sure whether it's been already
#> addressed in this mailing list but can you use supermongo (provided
#> you have the license) instead of gnuplot as the plotting... "engine"?
#
# Upon searching the Octave mailing list archive, you seem to be first
# person who's ever uttered "supermongo" in this list. I'm guessing this
# means the answer to your question is "no".
#
# What particular feature of that peculiar and obscure program are you
# looking for?

I don't know it either, but if supermongo  fits your needs, I understand you
may want to plot your octave-generated data w/ it. If you find no better
solution, I wrote (*) code that allows to create (temporary) files containing
octave data, and create a gnuplot (or whatever language) script and then
call gnuplot to execute your plotting script. If you create a supermongo
script and hack my code so that supermongo is called instead of gnuplot
you may get your plots done the way you like.

  Please let me know if you're interested, and I'll send you my latest
version.

  Hth,

  Etienne

(*) And use for all but the simplest plots.

# - Jordi G. H.
# Help-octave mailing list
# address@hidden