Re: problem with wavread

From: James Sherman Jr.
Subject: Re: problem with wavread
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:50:59 -0400

I'm unfamiliar with wavread.m and don't have Octave available at the moment, but it would probably help for general debugging purposes if you told us
a) what version of octave you're using
b) what function inside your script is giving the error

Furthermore, I think the audio package found here: http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.html
Has the function auload which may provide the same functionality.
Also, googleing wavread and octave comes up with some code that was written for octave:
http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/archive//octave-sources.2005/msg00017.html
I don't know if this didn't make it into release or not (again I don't have octave available currently), but it is something I would try.

In general, (I don't know the inner workings of octave) I wouldn't expect that copying a mathworks matlab .m file to work with octave since they have their own set of internal functions and octave has its own.  I wouldn't even really call them the same language.  One goal is to make octave compatible with matlab code, not to clone every detail of matlab.  For example, on a very fundamental level, you can use ++ and += for example, in octave but not matlab.  There maybe more nuanced examples, but I'm not that familiar with octave.

Hope this helps.

James