Re: Matrix Multiplication in Parallel in Octave

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: Matrix Multiplication in Parallel in Octave
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:41:02 +0200

It's true that MPITB doesn't automatically parallelize things for you. It gives Octave access to MPI functions. Using MPITB, it would be easy to write a function like c=p_multiply(a,b) where a and b are matrices to be multiplied.
Michael

On 10/12/07, Peter A. Gustafson <address@hidden> wrote:
On Friday 12 October 2007 02:26:01 pm mrober01 wrote:
> Hi.
> My goal is to do matrix multiplication / inversion using Octave in
> Parallel. I actually ended up installing mpitb, but have learned that it
> does not actually parallelize operations, it must be done manually.  I have
> been told that perhaps ScaLAPACK might work to parallelize these matrix
> multiplication / inversion operations.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

I have not experience with it but this was in my bookmarks

http://atc.ugr.es/javier-bin/mpitb

I hope it helps,
Pete