filesep on Windows

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: filesep on Windows
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:50:48 +0200

Dear all

A colleague encountered an error while running some of my code on his Windows machine with Octave 2.9.15. I've tracked the problem down to the fact that on Windows the file separator can be both '/' and '\' within a single path, whereas the filesep function returns only '\':

---------------------
which('mataa_path.m')
which: `mataa_path.m' is the script file
c:/octave/mataa/mataa_tools\mataa_path.m

filesep
ans = \

What is the logic behind using two different types of file separators on Windoze?

Matthias

-------
Matthias Brennwald
Lägernstrasse 6