Plotting two y ranges

From: Klaus Schneider
Subject: Plotting two y ranges
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:56:52 +0200

Hello,

On Nov 24, 2004; 02:41am, Paul Kienzle  wrote:
> Use the gplot command and add "axes x1y2" to plot on the second y axis.
>
> - Paul
>
> On Nov 23, 2004, at 3:51 PM, Shaun Jackman wrote:
>
> > If I have, for example, time, distance, and veolicty vectors, how can
> > I plot distance vs time on one y range (the axis on the left side) and
> > velocity vs time on the other y range (the axis on the right side)?
> > Currently I'm putting each in it's own sublot, but I'd like the two
> > plots to be overlayed.

How to do this nowadays, since gplot is obsolete now?

I think it must be something with property-value stuff, but there is no
property-value list in the documentation. I found something with
axis_obj.xaxislocation in __go_draw_axes__.m, and I checked get and
found "xaxislocation", but I cannot set it in a plot as
plot(x, y1, ";graph1;", x, y2, ";graph2;", "xaxislocation", "right"):
warning: set: invalid property `xaxislocation'

Also,
h1=axes()
h2=axes()
set(h2, "xaxislocation", "right")