Re: how to apply gnuplot_fixed to octave 2.9.16 MSVC

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: how to apply gnuplot_fixed to octave 2.9.16 MSVC
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:17:35 +0900 (JST)

Hello Michael

I again thought about this issue. This is not an easy problem to treat.  If you
will bundle
(w)pgnuplot in gnuplot_fixed.zip in the next release of MSVC-Octave, there are
certian amount of
people who will not able to gnuplot as graphic backend.  So this problem will
be hopefully fixed.

However it is not easy work, the fixed binaries work well in the Michael's
computer.  To overcome the
problem, the build the (w)pgnuplot by whom it was not able to executed
correctly.  However, for
windows, it is not easy work to build gnuplot by user.   It requires a lot of
preparations unlike to
build it under Unix (including cygwin).

(So we always build gnuplot on a cygwin platfrom.  It is very easy.)

Therefore the realistic solution at the moment the user can select which
gnuplot to use.   In the
commemt of distribution, the facts will be mentioned, the most users will not
warry about the problem.

Tatsuro

--- Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:

> --- "Schirmacher, Rolf" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > As I said, all seems to be fine for me on a "standard" xp system...
> >
> > Rolf
>
> **********************
> > At now I read the Alexandar's reply, this problem also seems to be Japanese
> > Windows specific
> > like pkg
> > :-).
>
> Ooops, that was not the Alexandar's reply but Rolf.  Sorry for Alexandar and
> Rolf
> !! ^^;
>
>  Alexandar, did you excute wgnuplot extected from the gnuplot_fixed.zip from
> the expolorer?
>
> Tatsuro

New Design Yahoo! JAPAN  2008/01/01
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/newdesign/