Re: gnuplot bug in Windows release of Octave?

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: gnuplot bug in Windows release of Octave?
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 18:29:31 -0500

novakyu wrote:
Hi,

I'm using the Windows version of Octave from Sourceforge
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888&package_id=40078)
with the binaries from gnuplot_fixed.zip, and although it works fine
most of the time, every once in a while, I get a strange error like
this:

====
warning: load_path: C:\Program
Files\Octave\share\octave\2.9.16\m\statistics: No such file or
directory
warning: load_path: C:\Program
Files\Octave\share\octave\2.9.16\m\statistics\base: No such file or
directory
warning: load_path: C:\Program
Files\Octave\share\octave\2.9.16\m\statistics\distributions: No such
file or directory

Invalid call to __go_draw_axes__.  Correct usage is:

Undocumented internal function.

Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
`doc <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.octave.org and via the address@hidden
mailing list.

error: evaluating if command near line 25, column 3
error: called from `__go_draw_axes__' in file `C:\Program
Files\Octave\share\octave\2.9.16\m\plot\__go_draw_axes__.m'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 727, column 12
error: evaluating if command near line 726, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 25, column 3
error: called from `__go_draw_axes__' in file `C:\Program
Files\Octave\share\octave\2.9.16\m\plot\__go_draw_axes__.m'
error: evaluating switch command near line 53, column 4
error: evaluating for command near line 51, column 2
error: evaluating if command near line 33, column 7
error: evaluating if command near line 26, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 25, column 3
error: called from `__go_draw_figure__' in file `C:\Program
Files\Octave\share\octave\2.9.16\m\plot\__go_draw_figure__.m'
error: evaluating if command near line 73, column 6
error: evaluating if command near line 70, column 4
error: evaluating if command near line 68, column 2
error: evaluating for command near line 67, column 7
error: evaluating if command near line 41, column 5
error: called from `drawnow' in file `C:\Program
Files\Octave\share\octave\2.9.16\m\plot\drawnow.m'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 30, column 7
error: evaluating do-until command near line 25, column 1
error: called from `fitAbsorption' in file `C:\Documents and
Settings\novakyu\octave\data\fitAbsorption.m'
error: evaluating for command near line 78, column 1
error: called from `plotFitting' in file `C:\Documents and
Settings\novakyu\octave\data\plotFitting.m'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 20, column 7
====
>From what it looks like, this seems to happen when I plotted too many
times. In this particular run, I've issued the plot command maybe
somewhere between 300 to 400 times. For the moment, I can get around
the issue by making sure my functions return some save-able result
before it crashes (on ... what looks to me like a bug), but I would
very much like to know what could be causing the problem.

Thanks,

Andrzej

P.S. I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm using Windows XP SP2 on a
Core 2 Duo with 1GB of RAM.

P.S. Yes, plotting works fine for normal usage, and above directories
octave complains as not existing do exist.