Re: invoking octave from command line with ubuntu

From: nikkos
Subject: Re: invoking octave from command line with ubuntu
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:43:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi again,

i found the solution after two days.

There were two problems:

1) my file (e.g. klo1.m) was a function, so at the beginning of the file i
wrote that:

   function klo1.m(arg)

In octave command line i didn't have problem but in the bash it was not the
same.

So i corrected the file klo1.m

2)i had installed octave from the synaptic package manager of ubuntu and in
/usr/share
there were two folders relevant to octave: i) octave  and ii)  octave2.9(i
thing)

I removed octave from the synaptic package manager and installed it from
repositories:

- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install octave

With these two corrections it's all fine and my program runs with this
command.

sudo octave klo1.m

Thanks for the ideas,
i write that for anyone else had or will have a problem like this.

nikkos