Re: getting started w/ Octave

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: getting started w/ Octave
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 10:43:02 -0600

On Dec 5, 2007 5:15 PM, Victoria Arrigoni <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does anyone have a good recommendation for getting started with Octave?  I
> used Matlab about 10 years ago, but haven't done much with it since.  I will
> be using Octave mostly for various types of statistical analyses.

"Matlab Primer" by Kermit Sigmon in different formats:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sigmon+matlab+primer&btnG=Search

A search on "Matlab tricks  tips" give few good links. I like this one:

 http://www-h.eng.cam.ac.uk/help/tpl/programs/Matlab/tricks.html

Most of the code and advises there apply to octave as well.

> Thanks!
>
> Victoria

Regards,

Dmitri.