Re: Comments in emacs

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: Comments in emacs
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 06:38:32 -0600

Peter A. Gustafson wrote:
On Thursday 27 December 2007 10:12:28 pm Olivier Lefevre wrote:
I am editing m files in emacs, in the Octave mode. Whenever
After I start a comment line with a %, the moment I insert
a blank space emacs insists on positioning the % at col 32!
This is extremely annoying behaviour and a strong disincentive
to writing comments. Would anyone know how to make that stop?
I had a look at octave-mod.el but nothing struck me.

Thanks,

-- O.L.

Well... I don't know why it was chosen to do it that way, but I use the double comment %% instead which positions itself more appropriately. Give it a try.

Pete
I think emacs expects you to use '##' or '%%' as comment in starting of a line.
Also '#' or '%' precedes a comment at the end of a line.

-Muthu