Re: Updated Manual?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Updated Manual?
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:26:17 -0500

On  2-Jan-2008, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:

| On 02/01/2008, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
| > if you want to contribute funding, please consider making a direct
| > donation via the University of Wisconsin Foundation
|
| Do you disclose details of how donations are used? I'm just curious.

Sure, donations go into a UW Foundation account and we use the money
in that account to pay for things like my salary, which is completely
covered by donations and grants (i.e., soft money, not a UW budget
item that is covered by the state).  So if you like what I'm doing and
want to see my involvement in the Octave project continue, then donate.

On the positive side, I think the sum total of all donations in 2007
was higher than than ever before.  On the negative, out of all the
users of Octave, fewer than 10 made donations in 2007 and the total
amount received would pay for less than a week of my time (and I
assure you, I am not getting rich doing this).

jwe