Re: fonts with 3.0

From: Tetsuro KURITA
Subject: Re: fonts with 3.0
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:19:52 +0900

I think octave 3.0 have a problem to specify fonts of xlabel, ylabel, title.
In some gunuplot terminal, font setting does not work.

I the case the gnuplot terminal is x11, no problems seems to appear.
But we can not control label's font in the postscript terminal.

Because octave send lowercase font names to gnuplot always.
It looks font name is converted into lowercase in plot/__go_draw_axes__.m

I think font names should be dealt with in case sensitive.

If you modify plot/__go_draw_axes__.m as follows, we can obtain font
control in postscript output.

*** 1604,1610 ****
    if (isempty (t.fontname))
      fnt = "helvetica";
    else
!     fnt = tolower (t.fontname);
    endif
    f = fnt;
    it = false;
--- 1604,1610 ----
    if (isempty (t.fontname))
      fnt = "helvetica";
    else
!     fnt = t.fontname;
    endif
    f = fnt;
    it = false;

I think this problem is addressed as a bug.