Re: fpica under octave

From: Rolf Fabian
Subject: Re: fpica under octave
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 06:58:29 -0800 (PST)

Javier Ochoa wrote:

> I cannot run the fpica.m function because the following error message
> appeared:error: `all_va_args' undefined near line 100 column 13

Most probably, you try to run old style Octave code.
Previously the 'va_arg' method allowed a variable number
of input arguments to Octave functions (m-files).

Unfortunately some maintainers removed this feature
around Octave Version 2.1.56 without providing
any backwards compatibility :(

I'm afraid that you have to modify your functions
by hand using the modern 'varargin' functions
(see manual under multiple number of input arguments)
in order to run it in a later version of Octave.

-----
Rolf Fabian
<r dot fabian at jacobs-university dot de>