Defining Mathematical "Mode" in Octave

From: DJBrewer
Subject: Defining Mathematical "Mode" in Octave
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:17:21 -0800 (PST)

I'm a newbie at Octave, trying to work in a MATLAB program.

my first error message is 'mode' undefined, which means I need to define a
function for finding the mathematical "mode" of a series of numbers (i.e.,
number that appears most often).  I'm struggling with finding the best way
to do that.

Would it require counting the number of times a unique number appears, and
keeping the unique number that appears the most? Or is there a simpler
method?

Thanks