gset term & octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: gset term & octave
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:36:57 -0400

On 10-Mar-2008, mbn wrote:

| I am trying to generate png image from a plot in Octave.
|
| My environment is the following (Linux):

| $ octave -v
| GNU Octave, version 2.1.57

That version is more than four years old now, and was just a
development snapshot anyway.  I strongly encourage you to upgrade to
the latest stable release, version 3.0.0.  With 3.0.0, you can use

  print -dpng myfile.png

to create a png file of the current plot (assuming your version of
gnuplot has been compiled so that it can generate PNG files).

jwe