examining the output of multiple commands in interactive session

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: examining the output of multiple commands in interactive session
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 01:03:16 -0400

If I have a script like

command1;
command2;
command3;
command4

The equivalent of this in the interactive session would be
octave:1> command1; command2; command3; command4

When I execute this, I will only see the output of command4. The output from
command1, command2, command3 will be suppressed as they are followed by
a ';'.

Now if I have a script like

command1
command2
command3
command4;

Is there an equivalent of this in the interactive session? i.e. I would like
to execute and display the output of command1, command2, command3 and
suppress the output of command4. Can this be achieved in the interactive
session in just one shot?

Any ideas/suggestions/comments regarding this would be very appreciated.

thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi