Re: mex files for different architectures

From: Xavier Delacour
Subject: Re: mex files for different architectures
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:03:49 -0400

Glancing at pkg.m, it should be possible to construct a package with
the following structure:

tar tzf myfunc-1.0.tar.gz
myfunc-1.0/
myfunc-1.0/DESCRIPTION
myfunc-1.0/inst/
myfunc-1.0/inst/i486-pc-linux-gnu-api-v24/
myfunc-1.0/inst/i486-pc-linux-gnu-api-v24/myfunc.mex
myfunc-1.0/inst/another-arch/
myfunc-1.0/inst/another-arch/myfunc.mex
myfunc-1.0/COPYING
myfunc-1.0/PKG_ADD
myfunc-1.0/INDEX

Octave will load (pkg.m will call addpath on) the appropriate
directory based on its arch.
arch = strcat(octave_config_info("canonical_host_type"), "-",
octave_config_info("api_version"))

That's one way to do it. I don't imagine arch-dependent mex/oct
suffixes are difficult to implement, but I have not looked closely.
Calling addpath yourself based on arch (as you suggest) is probably
the easiest way to solve your problem.

Xavier