Re: Upgrading octave version

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Upgrading octave version
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:47:58 -0500

On 11/04/2008, asha g <address@hidden> wrote:
> Checked rpms but for Red Hat Linux the Octave
>  versionis 2.15 or so. There is no Octave 3.0.

It sounds like you will have to compile Octave, then. You need to get
all the development libraries that you were getting as warnings when
you ran ./configure in your previous post. Hopefully they have all
been packaged for RHEL and you can just use the packaged versions.

Does RHEL ever synch up to the community-provided Fedora packages? Are
you able to update your RHEL version? I'm just curious; probably the
easiest solution will be to compile Octave yourself. If it doesn't
compile, ask us again, and maybe we can fix it; otherwise, maybe you
should update your RHEL version.

- Jordi G. H.