vim syntax highlighting for octave scripts

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: vim syntax highlighting for octave scripts
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 02:14:03 -0400

<posted & mailed>

Using Debian Etch, Octave 3.0.0-9, vim 7.0-122+1etch3.

For syntax highlighting of octave scripts in vim, I am currently using
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1591 . Is there anything
available that is better than this? (I have already tried
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1591).

My main beef is this. Say I have a script file as below

$cat temp1.m
printf("%s\n", "input vector's size should be greater than output ...
                vector's size in prolongation")

Using the above syntax file, the words "input", "size" are shown in the same
color as "printf" (green in my case). This is incorrect since the
words "input", "size" are inside a string and so do not have any special
meaning. There are many little quirks like this. I can report them if there
is a chance that they will be fixed.

PS: Sorry for the cross posting across vim, octave groups and CCing it to
the script writer. The discussion can be followed on the octave's group.

thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi