suggestion of fast BLAS

From: Yan Wu
Subject: suggestion of fast BLAS
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 17:53:45 -0700 (PDT)

I have 2 systems one running MatLab on Windows (Centrino 1.4GHz) while the
other running Octave on Linux (Opteron 2.2GHz). The Octave is configure with
GotoBLAS. When I test-ran a programme consists mostly loops and BLAS
operations on both platform. I was surprised that MatLab took only less than
1s while Octave took about 20s to finish the same job. Is there a way to
improve this situation? I tried using the ACML provided by AMD. The result
was similar.

Thank you!!
Yan