compex vector in 'C' -> complex vector in 'octave'

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: compex vector in 'C' -> complex vector in 'octave'
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:14:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

supposed I have a complex vector generated by a 'C' program and dumped in
binary form into a file
using 'fwrite'.

So, the data will put into the file this way:

re[0], im[0], re[1], im[1], ... re[N-1], im[N-1]

where N is number of elements in the vector.

I can load the vector into octave using 'fread', but, I quess, it will look
like vector
of real numbers.

I can take data at indexes 1, 3, 5... (the real parts) and at indexes 2, 4, 6
... (the imaginary
parts) and "reconstitute" the vector, but maybe there is a handy function which
already does
this ?

I read

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Rearranging-Matrices.html#Rearranging-Matrices

but could come up with anything more elegant than the straightforward odd-even
indexes solution.

Thanks,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/