Re: Holding axis properties between plots

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Holding axis properties between plots
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:07:01 -0400

Vodden John wrote:
Hi

I often find myself plotting something, configuring the axes and then
modifying the data slightly before plotting again. After this I have to
repeat any configuration because the plot window has been reset. The
documentation tells me the following, which explains the behaviour:

Normally, high-level plot functions like `plot' or `mesh' call
`newplot' to initialize the state of the current axes so that the next
plot is drawn in a blank window with default property settings."

Is there a quick way to restore the previous axis state to a new graph,
or to disable resetting the axis properties when plot is called?
I think that you may be looking for the hold command. Specifically, you probably want to use "hold on".

Have a good day,

Bill