Two questions

From: pmgagey
Subject: Two questions
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 22:10:14 +0200

        Is anybody there to give me an answer to these questions?

Mac PPC G5
System : Mac OS X 10.4.11 (8S165)
Kernel : Darwin 8.11.0
Terminal Version 1.5.1 (133-1) ;
Octave GNU 3.0.0.
Gnuplot Version 4.0 patchlevel 0 ;

QUESTION 1 : plotting from Octave

(terminal is set to aqua in « .gnuplot»)
Everytime I try to plot something from Octave, I received this error message :
error: evaluating switch command near line 58, column 4
error: evaluating for command near line 56, column 2
error: evaluating if command near line 33, column 7
error: evaluating if command near line 26, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 25, column 3
error: called from `__go_draw_figure__' in file `/Users/pierremariegagey/Posturologie/GNUOctave/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/3.0.0/m/plot/__go_draw_figure__.m'
error: evaluating if command near line 78, column 6
error: evaluating if command near line 75, column 4
error: evaluating if command near line 73, column 2
error: evaluating for command near line 72, column 7
error: evaluating if command near line 46, column 5
error: called from `drawnow' in file `/Users/pierremariegagey/Posturologie/GNUOctave/drawnow.m'

[If I open gnuplot directly from Terminal and If I set terminal to aqua, everytime I try to plot something from Terminal: IT WORKS.]

It sound as if a pipe were broken somewhere, but where and what's to be done?

QUESTION 2 : Compiling gnuplot

I downloaded gnuplot-4.2.3, but after compiling the sources, I found gnuplot Version 4.0 patchlevel 0 at /usr/local/bin ...!!! WHY ?

Many thanks to helper(s)

--
Dr Pierre-Marie GAGEY
Fondateur de l'Association Française de Posturologie