Re: big .oct files with v3.0.1from Debian

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: big .oct files with v3.0.1from Debian
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:28:09 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 10.06.2008, 09:50 +0200 schrieb Michael Creel:
> I'm seeing that .oct files made using  mkoctfile from Octave v3.0.1
> from Debian testing (package version octave3.0.1-3) are much larger
> than they were about 2 weeks ago (package version octave3.0.1-2). For
> example, MPI_Unpack.oct was 151K  and is now 955K. Does anyone know
> the cause of this? Something to do with debug symbols not having been
> stripped, perhaps?

Ehm, you are probably better off asking us directly at
address@hidden
and
$ file MPI_Unpack.oct
should be helpful.

But apart from that, your observation is probably correct. The -3
package introduced a -dgb package which you probably have installed. So
your .oct files might include debug information now that wasn't
available earlier. If you don't want this, have a look at mkoctfile's
--strip flag.

        Thomas