Re: 4D interpolation

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: 4D interpolation
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:13:17 -0400

On Jul 3, 2008, at 11:31 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

I've been following the brief thread on interpolation with interest.
Very helpful.

However, I have a problem in which I need to interpolate (2d only)
onto a surface that is not square.  Given interp2:

    ZI = interp2 (X, Y, Z, XI, YI)

I wish to interpolate (or maybe, if need be, approximate) Z to get ZI
where XI and YI are not the same size.  And neither are the original X
and Y for that matter.  interp2 does not allow this.  Can anybody
please suggest an alternative?

By not the same size I assume you are implying X & Y are vectors, and Z is a 2D array?

If so check out meshgrid or ndgrid.

Ben