Re: Octave plot on time/date x-axis

From: rmcd
Subject: Re: Octave plot on time/date x-axis
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 21:43:36 -0700 (PDT)

Bill Denney-5 wrote:

> If you install the financial package, you can use the dateaxis command
> which likely does what you're wanting to do.

I've just been trying to use dateaxis (cygwin, octave 3.0.1). I run this:

x=732000:732010;
plot(x,x);
dateaxis("x");
ticks=get(gca(), "xtick");

I get this:
error: invalid matrix index = 1
error: evaluating binary operator `-' near line 94, column 17
error: evaluating binary operator `+' near line 94, column 28
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 94, column 9
error: called from `dateaxis' in file
`/usr/share/octave/packages/financial-0.2.2/dateaxis.m'

Looking through the dateaxis code, ticks has a value of [](0x0), which I
gather is due to the automatic tick assignment.

Am I missing something obvious about dateaxis? Thanks very much.