Re: Plotting with Octave 3.0

From: Ivan Sutoris
Subject: Re: Plotting with Octave 3.0
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:30:50 +0200

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Jean-Marc Valin
<address@hidden> wrote:

> But where is that documented? I looked at the manual and there's nothing
> about get() and set(). The help command isn't too useful either. Also,
> will that help me put the legend at the bottom outside (south outside)
> or have errorbars with different colours?

I'm using pdf manual that comes with Octave (I use 3.0.1 octave-forge
windows version) and these things are mentioned there. It seems that
html manual at www.octave.org is outdated (but I'm not Octave
developer, just user, so I don't know why is that).

Regarding legend, following works in my installation (with gnuplot
graphics engine):

plot(1:5)
legend('my data', 'location', 'southoutside') % southoutside must be one word

I haven't used errorbars much, so I can't help you there.

Ivan Sutoris