help

From: Stéphane Bigler
Subject: help
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:08:46 +0200

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I use fedora 9 and try to install octave 3.0.3. I am faced to a
Readline version problem. Please consider the following:

After downloading and untaring octave-3.0.3.tar.gz file, I
typed : ./configure and get the following informations message:

..
checking for tputs in -ltermlib... no
configure: WARNING: I couldn't find -ltermcap, -lterminfo, -lncurses,
-lcurses, or -ltermlib!
checking for rl_set_keyboard_input_timeout in -lreadline... no
configure: WARNING: I need GNU Readline 4.2 or later
configure: error: this is fatal unless you specify --disable-readline
address@hidden octave-3.0.3]#

So I checked the readline version installed on my pc with :

address@hidden sbigler]# yum install readline
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Package readline-5.2-13.fc9.i386 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

It seems that readline is installed with a version greater than the
required one, but octave does not recognize it.

Could anyone tell me what to do ??
Thanks for your help.

Stephane

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx