Re: Old versions not available at forge

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Old versions not available at forge
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 01:04:14 -0500

2008/10/14 Frank Luis Enrique <address@hidden>:
> Is there any other site where I can find  ALL  versions of
> octave?

Btw, this is probably unfeasible. Octave has been around for many
years and has made many frequent releases throughout the years. I am
fairly certain many of the older versions are lost. I have never seen
any from the 1.0 series or earlier. You can certainly find old
versions of Octave in various places, though. For example, here is a
Debian snapshot of an Octave from the 2.0 series (source only, you'll
have to figure out how to compile it yourself):

     http://snapshot.debian.net/package/octave2.0

It's also not very recommended to use older versions of Octave, but
you are of course free to ignore this recommendation.

- Jordi G. H.