Re: The future of my involvement with the Octave project

From: Owe Jessen
Subject: Re: The future of my involvement with the Octave project
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 22:07:54 +0100

Francesco Potorti` schrieb:
If every serious user of Octave contributed something like $50 per year for maintenance, I wonder how far that would go.

Hm.  Interesting, in principle.  For example, my research institute
could reasonably pay for manuals, or even for a maintenance contract,
but we miss the details.

I think we need the help of someone knowledgeable in these matters,
don't we?

Hello,

not that I would call myself knowledgable in the realm of fundraising, but the R-Project has set up a foundation to collect funds from individuals as well as organizations. Maybe this would be a possibility here also?

Regards,
Owe

--
Owe Jessen