A few questions about image display

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: A few questions about image display
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 20:26:43 +1100

I've just started investigating octave as a possible open-source alternative to Matlab for image processing, and my first impressions of it are very good indeed.  However, I have some problems with regard to image display, using gnuplot.  A grayscale image is displayed correctly, but an RGB image is not.  If "im" is an m x n x 3 matrix representing the RGB image, then "imshow(im)" shows the image far too bright - it has to be scaled with "imshow(im/3)".  Why?

Also, is it possible to have gnuplot display an image with one screen pixel = one image pixel?

Thanks,
Alasdair

--
Blog: http://amca01.wordpress.com