Re: Octave.app 3.0.3 for Mac OS X

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Octave.app 3.0.3 for Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 18:44:58 +0100

Mark McClure schrieb:

Thomas Treichl wrote:
I have uploaded the compressed disc images *.dmg including Octave.app
3.0.3
for PPC Mac OS X and i386 Mac OS X to the SourceForge's server. You can
get
it from http://octave.sourceforge.net. Please read the Readme.html file
that
comes with the *.dmg about 'Installation', 'FAQ', 'Limitations', etc.

The 'Limitations' listed in the ReadMe file indicate that the non-free
Arpack package cannot be installed for use with Octave.app, but I've never had any problem installing Arpack using your instructions in this thread:
http://www.nabble.com/eigs-and-Octave.app-tt13693875.html

Thanks Mark,

this is irritating, I removed this paragraph from the source file. Since you read the Readme.html file, have you found anything else being wrong? BTW, the source file that becomes Readme.html when building (if somebody wants to send modifications) is there:

http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/admin/MacOSX/createapp/octaveapp.texi?revision=5409&view=markup

Regards,

  Thomas