Re: Failure to port Octave

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: Failure to port Octave
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:58:38 -0700

This is a macports issue. You should ask these things on the macports-users email list and not on the help-octave list!

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 23:38:45 -0500
From: Robert Fong-tom <address@hidden>
Subject: Failure to port Octave
To: address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden

Hi,
I tried to port Octave using MacPorts the port failed because of the following error.

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /Library/ Frameworks/AquaTerm.framework/AquaTerm already exists and does not belong to a registered port. Unable to activate port aquaterm. Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gnuplot aquaterm gd2 autoconf help2man p5-locale-gettext perl5.8 m4 automake jpeg libtool pdflib gsed hdf5 pcre qhull texinfo lzmautils texlive texlive_base texi2html texlive_texmf-full texlive_texmf-minimal

Does anyone know what this means?

I think you have aquaterm.app installed manually (bundled with octave.app from your dmg install?). You need to uninstall it and try again.

Jonathan