Re: Help with plot on Macbook

From: Gerard Awanou
Subject: Re: Help with plot on Macbook
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 04:23:04 -0600 (CST)

Thank you for your quick reply Ben

I got Octave from http://octave.sourceforge.net/ I believe. I installed gnuplot from the Extras folder.
After I typed "getenv('GNUTERM')", I got
ans =

gnuplot appears to be installed. It opens in a terminal with the message
exec '/Applications/Gnuplot.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnuplot'
followed by information about the version and finally the message
Terminal type set to 'aqua'

However when I type on a terminal which gnuplot I get the message
no gnuplot in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/texbin

I must say that a few months ago, I unsuccessfully tried to fix an installation of Octave by playing around with the commands sudo, Aquaterm and X11 following suggestions on the internet. I now have X11 installed.

Thanks again.

Gerard