Re: Octave 3.0.3 built with Mingw compiler

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave 3.0.3 built with Mingw compiler
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:19:01 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I have tested to build octave-3.0.3 on mingw platform by gcc-3.4.5 (mingw).

However you have build a lot of dependencies and it is tough work.

Did you check the java version?

If you would like to use the Jhandle as the graphic backend, the Sun JRE, the
version of which => 1.6
is required. Please check your Java version at
http://www.javatester.org/version.html.

If you do not need to install Jhandle and use gnuplot as a graphic backend, you
select only gnuplot.
If you have already install both, please try

octave> pkg uninstall jhandle
octave> pkg uninstall java

I hope the above to be helpful for you

Regards