Re: mkoctfile problem

From: Ronan Scaife
Subject: Re: mkoctfile problem
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:31:59 +0000

Dear all,

many years ago I faced the same problem with one particular MSVC DLL; for the "dlportio" universal driver shim, but found out how to do it with essentially any MSVC dll and MinGW32 C code.

The short version; mingw32 certainly *used* to be able to take a MSVC-compiled dll and work out how to link to it *without* needing an import library.

The www page I created to describe it is (sorry!) a bit out of date, but may still be useful:

<http://elm.eeng.dcu.ie/~scaifer/win2k-dlportio-mingw/DLPORTIOandWIN2KandMinGW32.html>

Best Wishes,