Re: Unable to install packages.

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Unable to install packages.
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:27:56 -0500

It appears that your path has been unset.

Try quitting and run octave again as ...

        octave --norc

This will avoid read any of the system or user initialization files at startup.

After that check to see what "ver" gives. You can also type "OCTAVE_VERSION" ... that should always work.

If octave functions properly when you start is as "octave --norc" it is likely there is something wrong with your ~/.octaverc file.

Ben