Re: Plotting semi-trasnparent patches?

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Plotting semi-trasnparent patches?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:58:03 -0500

Søren Hauberg wrote:
man, 26 01 2009 kl. 09:19 +0000, skrev Michael Goffioul:

For gnuplot backend, I don't know. For OpenGL backend,
this is not active yet (I didn't port my JHandles code to do
that yet). Transparency is tricky, even in OpenGL, because
you have to sort objects and draw them from back to front.
The tricky part is when objects intersect each other.

Okay, I'll just come up with another way of visualising my data.
I don't know the specifics of exporting to SVG from octave (I think that it goes through gnuplot, so it may not help here), but I know that SVG does allow for transparency.

Have a good day,

Bill