Re: [REQ] Lookup script

From: Ivan Sutoris
Subject: Re: [REQ] Lookup script
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:22:40 +0100

<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> I see on Octave Function Reference that no lookup .m script is present.
> Does anyone know how can I get it? I need to read it 'cause I don't
> understand how it works.
>
> Thank you

Hi

Browsing through mercurial archive, it seems that lookup was
reimplemented as compiled file in development version [1] (and m-file
version was removed, which is probably why the link you tried does not
work). Generally, you can see source of m-files installed in your
particular installation of Octave using type (or edit) command, for
example "type lookup" in 3.0.3 shows source for lookup.m

[1] http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/tip/src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/lookup.cc

Regards
Ivan Sutoris