Re: object behavior with Octave...

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: object behavior with Octave...
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 08:16:50 -0500

On Feb 13, 2009, at 11:59 PM, James Moliere wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to do some object based programming with Octave.

For example, I can do this
x.a = 1
and then to display x.a, I can type
x.a
ans = 1

I can also do something like this
x.f1 = @sin
x.f2 = @cos

...running a function would look like...
x.f1(pi)
ans = 1.2246e-016

I'd like to do something like an anonymous function similar to

x.f3 address@hidden response = (arg1, arg2)
        response = arg1+arg2;
endfunction

notice that this structure is starting to look like a class function?
...this is what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!
James Moliere

Please tell us what version of Octave are you running.

Using 3.0.3 or the developers sources you can do ...

        x.f3 = @(arg1,arg2) arg1 + arg2;

If you have something more complex ...

        function result = response (arg1, arg2)
        endfunction