Re: Gnuplot hangs on Windows XP

From: Paul Wellner Bou
Subject: Re: Gnuplot hangs on Windows XP
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:57:19 +0100

Hi,

don't think that this is the reason. I have 3677 points. This can't be too much for gnuplot. I remember to have worked with much much more, but not on windows.

I have no clue how to debug it. The CPU is not on 100%, the gnuplot window is waiting for anything. At first there are a few seconds when it seems to react. But when moving the mouse over the window, it starts to hang and show me always the hour glass. No way to use it.

Any ideas?

By the way: is it possible (for 3.0.3) to change the graphics backend without reinstalling it?

Regards
Paul.

Michael Goffioul wrote:
It depends on the type of plot you're using. Using a large
number of points may just make gnuplot react *very*
slowly.

Michael.