"listen" : bad input format

From: jean francois sauvage
Subject: "listen" : bad input format
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:25:29 +0100

Hello,

I am using octave 3.0.3 with windows XP, and i am trying to test a TCP
connection created by another program. 2155 is the port used for this
connection, and XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the IP adress of my computer.

I have installed (and loaded)  the package "sockets", but the function
"listen" gives me the following result :

octave:20> listen(2155, 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX', 'debug')

error: invalid conversion from string to real scalar
error: octave_base_value::int_value (): wrong type argument `sq_string'

I have the feeling that this error is not due to the "listen"
function, but to something else. Do you have any idea ?

thanks,

Jeff