Re: How to derive from 'octave_base_value' ?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: How to derive from 'octave_base_value' ?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 15:08:54 -0400

On Mar 22, 2009, at 2:13 PM, Søren Hauberg wrote:

søn, 22 03 2009 kl. 09:52 -0700, skrev address@hidden:
space between simple and the bracket?

Could you be more specific? I have quite a few spaces in my code to
choose from :-)

Søren

From your example,

         a = simple ("hello");

I have the impression that he was referring to the space between 'simple' and '("hello")'.

I'm rather confident, that is not the problem. The error you obtained is the result of no output being set. For example

        function simple (str)
          str = str;
        endfunction

        a = simple ("mystr")
        error: value on right hand side of assignment is undefined

Thus, it appears that your example does not return anything. I'm not skilled in c++, so I'm can't be of much more help.

Ben